Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bow October Painting Competition


My entry to the Oct painting comp.
I need to replace some bits, fill in some gaps, and add some extra detail.

Also I’m going to be making a custom base

Primed after a bit of cleaning.

I’ve got rid of the flash, also filled in some miscast parts.
Gives a better look at the model, I think. I have a colour scheme in mind, but I think I’ll keep it to myself.
The arm muscles didn’t meet up properly under the bangles cast in the arm joins.
So I cut them away and pinned them further apart, I’ll sculpt some new ones in.
Also the rear leg is too fat for its socket, that has been sanded down and mounted with a gap.
The front leg meets better, I should only have to redefine a muscle or two.

All the gaps were filled with MMD putty, basically ‘like’ the Vallejo and GW paste putties out now, but cheaper per gram.
I started using it on scale kits, now I couldn’t do without it.

In addition to the resculpted areas, I’m also planning on adding a bit of extra tribal jewellery, feathers, and a couple of other details to make this more of a personal model.
This is purely for display, so I can go all out with the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment