Some more work done. :)
Puttied the gaps in the arms, I also added some detail over the join.
The crappy colour test with very thin paint.
Here with the colours mostly finalised.
After its first wash:
I’ve added extra details in the form of a headfeather and loincloth.
The feather is from a Perry Minis Mercenaries boxed set, and the loincloth itself is made from a tomato puree tube.
I’ll wait and see if anyone spots where the 1/3 and 1/8 circular parts are from.
The scheme is based on a real toad, the Oriental Fire Bellied Toad.
I still need to do the black bits.
I chose copper for the metal because its a nice warm colour, it goes
well with the main colours of the toad, his headfeather will be a bright
purple to white fade.
I probably won’t get this finished in time, but I’m going to finish it anyway.
Mostly due to having big plans for the base, I don’t want to rush it.